Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Portobello Club Sandwich

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Portobello Club Sandwich

 Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
 
 
 
Here we are with one last hurrah for the summer. Labor Day is shaping up to look absolutely beautiful in the Midwest, so I imagine there will be an abundance of lit grills this Monday. Or, with what's going on with beef here in the US, maybe not as many as normal? Like many right now, my family is also trying to find ways to cut grocery spending where possible, and beef has since become almost a luxury item at the grocers, so it's not purchased nearly as much as we used to. Thankfully my family got used to many meatless meals when I started transitioning to a vegetarian diet many years ago, and we found that they actually didn't mind me substituting regular hamburgers for black bean burgers or quinoa burgers, but their favorite is always a Portobello Swiss burger. I thought about making those for the holiday, but as I was scrolling for a different meal idea on Golden Blossom Honey last week, a recipe for Portobello Club Sandwich popped up and it felt like a sign to try something new. 
 

I always appreciate how easy mushroom burgers are to make, and this one is just as simple as all of the others we've tried before. It does take a bit longer than our mushroom and Swiss version, but that's only because of the marinating time involved. They broil up nice and tender and packed full of flavor. I've never added roasted red pepper to my mushroom burgers, but I absolutely loved the addition and will make that a staple going forward. The only thing that I would change is I'd put the cheese slice on the mushroom caps for a few seconds before they finish broiling because I love a melty cheese mushroom burger. Overall, the family loved this recipe, so we'll be adding it into the rotation. If you're looking for meatless alternatives to your Labor Day menu without sacrificing flavor, this is the recipe you're going to want to remember. 
 

Ingredients

Marinade:

3 tablespoons red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons GOLDEN BLOSSOM HONEY

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 teaspoon pepper

Sandwich:

4 (4-inch) Portobello mushroom caps

4 Kaiser rolls

4 slices Swiss cheese

4 thick slices tomato

8 strips roasted red peppers

4 romaine lettuce leaves

CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE 

 
 
You can find this recipe, as well as many more delicious recipes right on the Golden Blossom Honey recipe page! Be sure to follow Golden Blossom Honey on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on new products and promotions.


If you like this recipe, be sure to come back every Friday, where I feature a new recipe from Golden Blossom Honey, and be sure to
Pin It on Pinterest! 


   
Have you started looking for red meat alternatives or is it still business as usual at the grocers for you? 

18 comments:

  1. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I switched to ground turkey because of beef prices and for health reasons. We are definitely eating more beans these days and looking to other sources of protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen an uptick in ground turkey in shopping carts lately, so I think many people have the same idea.

      Delete
  3. This is absolute genius! I love portobello mushrooms, and eat them often, but I have never thought to use them in a sandwich like this. I certainly will do now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your burger looks amazing! I have to try your version. Nice tip about the melted cheese on the mushroom caps :)
    p.s. thankfully the issue with commenting on blogs has been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has been resolved, but that sure was frustrating. I thought it was just a me issue for a whole day, then realized everyone was having troubles.

      Delete
  5. We do ever so love shrooms! I would like a wallpaper with shrooms in my room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've thought about putting some in my basement to liven up the built in bookcase background. I have to find a nice pattern first though.

      Delete
  6. Why does it always feel like the year is flying by once school starts back up? It'll literally be Christmas before we know it. Happy Labor Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. I am soooo not ready for Christmas to be creeping up as quickly as it usually does.

      Delete
  7. Sure sounds like one to add to the rotation indeed. Yeah. Might want to watch where you get beef from these days. Dog food is probably more sanitary lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!! Sounds delicious, easy, and healthy! I will be giving it a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...