Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Glazed Shallots and Brussels Sprouts

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Glazed Shallots and Brussels Sprouts

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. 
 
 
 
Are there any foods that you have a love/hate relationship with? For me, it's brussels sprouts. I go through periods of loving them for months on end, then something shifts and I can't stand them anywhere near my plate. The last time I gave them up was because I thought they started to taste like dirt. Yes, I wash them really well before cooking, but they still had a taste to them that I just couldn't get over. I don't think I've eaten one in 2-3 years since, but Jason brought home some roasted brussels sprouts from Sam's Club a few weeks ago for dinner that were quite delicious, which ended my breakup with the little green sprouts. Now that I'm back to frequently purchasing them, I've been on the hunt for recipes that will keep me coming back for more. I wanted to skip roasting them to avoid burnout since we've already had that method this month, so I grabbed a recipe for Glazed Shallots and Brussels Sprouts from Golden Blossom Honey, because who can resist caramelized vegetables hot from the pan? Definitely not me! 
 

While I do like the char that hits the edges when roasting, there's something even more enticing about caramelizing that offers a sweeter and more tender vegetable over a crisp, smoky one. My daughter likes to eat brussels sprouts raw, so I wasn't surprised when she initially declined my offer to test the finished recipe. "I don't like cooked brussels sprouts!" However, curiosity sucked her in, so the tune changed to, "Well, maybe I like this version. Oh, these are actually really good. I think I'm going to eat the whole pan!" Needless to say, we never needed a serving spoon because we both just stood over the kitchen counter with forks in hand eating directly from the serving dish. With this recipe at my fingertips, I can confidentially claim that my love affair with brussels sprouts just might be everlasting now. 
 

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, bottoms scored with an x

1/4 cup GOLDEN BLOSSOM HONEY

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish

2 tablespoons butter

1 pound small to medium sized shallots, peeled and left whole

pinch of ground cardamom, optional

salt and pepper to taste

CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE 

  
You can find this recipe, as well as many more delicious recipes right on the Golden Blossom Honey recipe page! Be sure to follow Golden Blossom Honey on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on new products and promotions.


If you like this recipe, be sure to come back every Friday, where I feature a new recipe from Golden Blossom Honey, and be sure to
Pin It on Pinterest! 


   
Are there any love/hate foods in your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...