Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Poached Pear Delight

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Poached Pear Delight

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. 
 
 
 
Happy October! We've finally landed in my favorite month. The heat and humidity are finally gone. The leaves have ever so slightly started to change. The spooky decor is up. And the seasonal treats are upon us! I love the flavors of autumn so much, but often wonder why pear has to take a back seat to apple and pumpkin? It tastes great, it smells amazing, and it can be incorporated into just as many baked goods as pumpkin and apple, but retailers just skim right over the pears. Rude! Since the food businesses want to be disrespectful of the fruit, I find that when I have time to make some seasonal treats for myself, I usually opt for something involving pear. And this week's sweet little treat that I made for Jason and I was Golden Blossom Honey's Poached Pear Delight. 
 
 
This isn't a quick recipe because of the poaching time, but it's one of the more effortless desserts to whip up. Most of the prep happens well before serving, so you can start the process before dinner prep, then everything will fall into place on time. Pears, honey and orange combined make for a perfectly cozy fall dessert, but I love that this one doesn't require baking in order to taste seasonal comforting goodness. A simple peel and poach and you're good to go. It's elegant enough for a dinner party and it looks so pretty on the table, but it's just as wonderful scaled down for a date night at home for two. The recipe does say to slice the pear halves after poaching, but I think they look prettier plated up in halves. But it's all about how you choose your presentation that matters. These pears, if you're thinking that far ahead, would make a lovely addition to your holiday menu. From date night, to dinner parties, to holiday gatherings, these poached pears will delight in any setting! 
 

Ingredients

4 cups water

1 cup SOUTHERN BLOSSOM HONEY

4 strips orange zest

4 pears, peeled, cored, halved

chocolate syrup

1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped

4 large strawberries, halved

1 bunch mint leaves

 CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE

 
 
You can find this recipe, as well as many more delicious recipes right on the Golden Blossom Honey recipe page! Be sure to follow Golden Blossom Honey on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on new products and promotions.


If you like this recipe, be sure to come back every Friday, where I feature a new recipe from Golden Blossom Honey, and be sure to
Pin It on Pinterest! 


   
What are some of your favorite ways to cook/bake with pears? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...