Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Chicken with Tarragon and Mustard Cream Sauce

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Chicken with Tarragon and Mustard Cream Sauce

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.   
 
 
 
We use our cast iron skillet sporadically throughout the year, but as soon as the weather takes a dip, it is in use pretty much daily. I don't know what it is about cast iron cooking that feels so cozy in the autumn, but just like with the slow cooker, I don't think we'd survive fall without our pan. Jason uses it in the morning for hash, eggs, potatoes.... all of the breakfast fixings. Then I'll use it in the evening for whipping up dinner. My southern grannies always made the best fried chicken in their skillets, but for some reason I never did learn the art of perfecting fried chicken like they did. (If any of you from TN or AR want to share the secret to a good southern fried chicken, I'm all ears!) Other chicken recipes though, I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they cook up in the cast iron pan. So one of the meals I made the family this week was Golden Blossom Honey's Chicken with Tarragon and Mustard Cream Sauce because it felt like a comforting meal to indulge in on a gray sky day.  
 
 
Chicken is of those meats that I'll cook the hell out of because I've always been terrified of seeing any part of the center that looks even the slightest bit raw. Honestly, I even let it go 10 to 20 degrees over the safe zone on the meat thermometer just to be extra cautious. This can sometimes make the chicken a bit on the tougher side, but I don't care. Better safe than sorry, right? However, I love a recipe like this one that has you returning the chicken to the pan after its initial searing to finish off by cooking in a broth or sauce because that always ensures a more juicy and tender outcome. I did double up on the sauce portion of this recipe because I personally love coating my rice with it. (Chicken piccata sauce is another great one to double on for that reason also!) I did not have any brandy on hand, so I substituted that part of the recipe with apple cider. Since there was no alcohol to cook down, my sauce was a little thinner than what the recipe as written would have produced, so I put a tablespoon of cornstarch/water mixture in to thicken it up a little and it came out perfect. The recipe isn't one of the fastest to prep and cook, but it was quick enough where I'd still lump it into a week night meal option instead of saving it for a weekend. It's warm and filling, and if you make a little extra, it is a great leftover lunch option the next day. 
 

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon butter

2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved

1/2 cup shallots, chopped

1/4 cup brandy

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup whipping cream

2 tablespoons GOLDEN BLOSSOM HONEY MUSTARD

1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped

salt and pepper, to taste

CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE 

 

You can find this recipe, as well as many more delicious recipes right on the Golden Blossom Honey recipe page! Be sure to follow Golden Blossom Honey on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on new products and promotions.


If you like this recipe, be sure to come back every Friday, where I feature a new recipe from Golden Blossom Honey, and be sure to
Pin It on Pinterest! 


   
Do you like cast iron skillet cooking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...