Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Pomegranate, Grapefruit and Orange Compote

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Pomegranate, Grapefruit and Orange Compote

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.  
 
 
 
We're almost out of the dog days of summer, but I know it doesn't really feel like it in some parts of the world. As the high temperatures rage on, you might want to reach for something light, cool, and refreshing to snack on. My husband would reach for a pint of ice cream each night if he could, but I like to encourage some healthier alternatives when possible. I recently made this Pomegranate, Grapefruit and Orange Compote recipe from Golden Blossom Honey because I thought it would be an excellent mix-in with Greek Yogurt. That way Jason could still get a cool and creamy after dinner treat, but with a few more health benefits than his usual ice cream treat. 
 

This compote doesn't have to just be served as a dessert. It can be mixed with oatmeal or as a waffle and pancake topper for breakfast, as a side dish to lunch, or paired with poultry, fish, and beef for dinner. Or, you can simply eat it as a stand-alone snack. While this is still a treat that is a bit high in sugar, most of the sugar content is natural from the fruit itself, which is much better than refined and processed sugars. It's rich in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants, and has a high water content, so it's super refreshing on those hot summer days. If you refrain from alcohol consumption, you can replace the wine with white grape juice or sparkling water and it still tastes amazing. 
 

Ingredients

1/2 cup white wine

1/3 cup RAW GOLDEN BLOSSOM HONEY

2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned

2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned

1 pomegranate, halved

CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE 
 
 
You can find this recipe, as well as many more delicious recipes right on the Golden Blossom Honey recipe page! Be sure to follow Golden Blossom Honey on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on new products and promotions.


If you like this recipe, be sure to come back every Friday, where I feature a new recipe from Golden Blossom Honey, and be sure to
Pin It on Pinterest! 


   
What refreshing snacks have you been serving to stay cool this summer? 

16 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this as a waffle topper. Yum!
    Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog earlier. You are so sweet ♥
    And I truly hope you have recovered to full health too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duni. We've both definitely had a topsy turvy year with our health!

      Delete
  2. Not only that we have not left the height of summer heat behind us, but the worst is yet to come and be survived LOL It is still over 45C here, like somebody is frying your skin with a torch and no rain that was supposed to finally fall today, not even a cloud in the fecking sky.

    Lovely, fresh summer colours in that compote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you've gotten some relief by now. We're easing into fall-like weather now. Just last week we had massive storms rip through the state and many are still without power. Our governor brags about our surplus funds, but getting aid to those still affected has been nonexistent. I'm glad we aren't in the hellish temperatures anymore because it would be so much worse for those who are already suffering through the devastation.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it can be a mix and match for darn near anything.

    Sure nice and hot here. Waterslides and giant litterboxes is where the kiddos and I've been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a productive summer for you and the kids then!

      Delete
  4. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a refreshing treat. I love finding new ways to use fruit in a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime we can add fruit to a recipe, it's a winner in my book!

      Delete
  6. I admit I've been eating a lot of ice cream in the past month. I need to start cutting back so my A1C results aren't terrible at my next physical. Does cold wine count as a refreshing snack? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, yes! We could always go for a refreshing glass of cold wine LOL

      Delete
  7. Oh Wow.. that looks spectacular .. I love grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...