Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Chicken Breasts with Fennel

Friday, July 24, 2026

Chicken Breasts with Fennel

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
 
 
One of my favorite things that I've come to love about working with Golden Blossom Honey all these years is learning that no matter what ingredient I'm working with, I can always count on them to have a fantastic recipe suggestion. Fennel was in our mystery produce bag this week from the flea market leftovers, and it's one of those veggies that I've used once or twice, but don't really know enough about it to curate my own dish from scratch. I don't know why I tend to overlook it when I'm buying produce, but I do know that the few times I have used it, I liked it quite well. However, it just hasn't left a lasting impression where I've needed to figure out a way to include it in more of my cooking. So, I leaned on Golden Blossom Honey to use up the market produce by testing out their Chicken Breast with Fennel recipe since I was drawing a blank on my own. 
 

This recipe isn't necessarily quick like the other recipes that I feature here, but it is relatively inexpensive, especially if you're using your own garden grown vegetables or if you're looking to use up produce near it's expiration date. The fennel and bell pepper do a wonderful job of adding a slightly sweet flavor profile to an otherwise savory dish. My daughter, who is quite the picky eater, passed on the cooked vegetables, but she had high praise for the flavor of the chicken. Honestly, she hardly ever takes the time to praise my cooking, but she made it a point to tell me "that chicken was really good!" one she finished her meal. And while it may not be my exclusive recipe, I'll thank the honey folks for getting me a hard earned compliment from queen of the picky plate club. 
 

Ingredients

2 medium fennel bulbs (also known as anise)

2 tablespoons olive oil, separated

1 medium onion, thinly sliced

8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 whole chicken breasts, halved, skinned and boned

1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped

1/2 cup chicken broth

2 tablespoons GOLDEN BLOSSOM HONEY

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE 

 
You can find this recipe, as well as many more delicious recipes right on the Golden Blossom Honey recipe page! Be sure to follow Golden Blossom Honey on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on new products and promotions.


If you like this recipe, be sure to come back every Friday, where I feature a new recipe from Golden Blossom Honey, and be sure to
Pin It on Pinterest! 


   
What vegetable would you like to use more often in your cooking but tend to overlook when buying produce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...