Theresa's Mixed Nuts: Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

Monday, July 2, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

Do I have a goodie for you today! This is another one of my magazine rip out recipes that I found in Better Homes & Gardens magazine a few years back. The original recipe was actually a raspberry shake, but I am more of a strawberry lover, so I ended up changing the recipe up a bit. How can you go wrong with a recipe called "strawberry cheesecake shake?" Mmmm, Mmmm!


Strawberry Cheesecake Shake #Valentines Day



Ingredients:

12 oz frozen strawberries, thawed
3 oz cram cheese, softened
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 quart vanilla ice cream
2 12oz cans cream soda
Fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)


Directions:

In blender, combine the strawberries, cream cheese, almond extract, 1/2 the ice cream, and 1/2 cup of the cream soda.

Cover and blend until smooth.

Divide blended mixture among 6 tall 16oz glasses. Add a scoop of the remaining ice cream to each drink. Top each drink with the remaining cream soda. Garnish with fresh strawberries.

Serve immediately.

Makes 6 servings.


10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm sounds and look delicious!! Anything with the words "strawberry" and/or "cheesecake" perks my ears up lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! 2 of my favorite foods- strawberries and cheesecake will surely perk my ears up too!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, I will definitely be trying this one soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Camille. If you are having cravings, this will surely hit the spot :)

      Delete
  3. looks so divine! I love these shake recipes you find! :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to stop with the shakes or I'll be having to buy those weight loss shakes soon ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness does that sound YUMMY! I'm gonna have to give this one a try. Yesterday I attempted making a mocha frappucino but didn't exactly keep track of what I put in there so idk if I can duplicate it.

    And Theresa you can afford to drink a few of these shakes your perfect :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, aren't you too sweet, but I'm far from perfect lol. If you end up figuring out that frappucino recipe, please do share. I have yet to attempt to make one myself. Your recipes are always so good, I'm sure if you like it, I will like it!

      Delete
  5. This is my kind of summer beverage - awesome share! :-)

    Thank you for joining us for Friendship Friday! I'm thrilled to share that you are this week's Featured Friend at Create With Joy!

    Have a fabulous week and thanks for being a wonderful blogging friend!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate every one of them :) Except promotional posts with added links. Those will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...